Have you tried with your Spanish students? Use these with the theme of travel and vacations to get students listening and responding- just like in tests like! Students hear a recorded person talking to them, and then they respond, as if they were conversing! Interpersonal listening and speaking activities mimic real-world interactions, and these activities are great practice for communication!
These activities include everything you need to assign and go! Each of the 2 activities has 5 audio links. Students listen to the audio and record a logical response. In these prompts, they will hear common expressions used on the AAPPL Test like “Hazme preguntas, cuéntame and dame detalles”.
The teacher script allows you to correct with ease or even record your own voice if you choose. There are lots of notes and ideas for teachers so you know just how to use this activity! Finally, students can self-assess with the included rubric. The 2 activities are created with different levels of complexity, so you can differentiate for different levels amongst your students, or use them at different points in your unit!
- Spanish students in Year 2 and up
- Students learning vocabulary related to vacations, activities on vacation, airports, hotels and travel
- Students preparing for a Seal of Biliteracy test (it’s never too early to start practicing!)
- Assign via Google Classroom or other learning platform (students can work at their own pace)
- Play the audios for the class
- Students can record in your language lab or other purchased software OR they can use a FREE online recorder and paste their audio links into the assignment
- Use the 2 activities to differentiate for students OR
- Use the 2 activities at different points in the unit
- Use these ILS activities as practice OR as an assessment
- 2 Integrated Listening and Speaking Activities related to travel and vacation
- Each activity has 5 audio prompts
- Audios are already recorded for you!
- Student assignment sheet with audio links and a place for students to paste their recordings
- Teacher script (can be used for correcting or to record your own voice if you choose)
- Teacher notes and ideas
- Student self-reflection rubric?
Sign up for my free resource library!