Have you tried Integrated Listening and Speaking activities with your Spanish students? Use these IPA activities with the theme of the environment to get students listening and responding- just like in tests like AAPPL for the Seal of Biliteracy! Integrated Performance Assessments mimic real-world interactions, and these activities are great practice for communication!
These no-prep activities include everything you need to assign and go! Each activity has 5 audio links for a total of 10 prompts. Students listen to the audio and record a logical response. They will hear common expressions used on the AAPPL Test like “Hazme preguntas, cuéntame and dame detalles”.
The teacher script allows you to correct with ease or even record your own voice if you choose. There are lots of notes and ideas for teachers so you know just how to use this activity! Finally, students can self-assess with the included rubric. The 2 activities are created with different levels of complexity, so you can differentiate for different levels amongst your students, or use them at different points in your unit!
Who can use this product?
- Spanish students in Year 3 and up
- Students learning vocabulary related to the environment and current challenges with the environment
How can I use this product?
- Assign via Google Classroom or other learning platform (students can work at their own pace)
- Play the audios for the class
- Students can record in your language lab or other purchased software OR they can use a FREE online recorder and paste their audio links into the assignment
- Use the 2 activities to differentiate for students OR
- Use the 2 activities at different points in the unit
- Use these ILS activities as practice OR as an assessment
What’s included in this product?
- 2 Integrated Listening and Speaking Activities related to the environment and challenges we face with the environment
- Each activity has 5 audio prompts (10 total)
- Audios are already recorded for you!
- Student assignment sheet with audio links and a place for students to paste their recordings
- Teacher script (can be used for correcting or to record your own voice if you choose)
- Teacher notes and ideas
- Student self-reflection rubric
Other resources you may like:
Spanish Integrated Listening and Speaking Future Tense Activities
Spanish Integrated Listening and Speaking Activities: Accidents and Injuries
Spanish Partner Conversations about Accidents and Injuries
Spanish Simulated Conversations
Spanish Task Cards for Past Tense
Find me on
Sign up HERE for my free resource library!