Overwhelmed with teaching AP Spanish Language and Culture? Need to refresh a unit that’s gone stale? Your Unit 3 Lesson Plans (Las influencias de la belleza y la estética) are done!? These digital AND printable lesson plans have nearly every activity you will need linked in. Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking, Activities that combine 2 skills, Homework, Assessments, AP Exam Style activities and even Projects are all included! Students will learn how to complete the AP Exam Cultural Comparison and Email Reply in this unit as well as practice the reading and listening multiple choice style questions. This is the third unit in the AP Classroom curriculum. Best of all, these lesson plans do NOT require that you have a particular textbook! Everything you need is provided!
Teaching a new course, or even trying to revamp a course you’ve taught for a while can be daunting. These complete unit lesson plans will take you through the entire 3rd unit for The Influence of Beauty and Aesthetics starting with a “Hook Activity” to spark interest and then the essential questions, vocabulary list and grammar study guide you will need to get started. Every activity (over 60!) you need (with the exception of 3) is linked in. Your prep will be limited to reviewing the lesson plans and sources ahead of your students, but the searching for appropriate authentic materials and creating accompanying activities is already done for you!
I am fortunate to have several textbook resources including Temas, AP Spanish Preparing for the Language and Culture Examination and Avance. In these lesson plans I make use of these textbooks for 4 out of 60+ activities. But in the few cases that I’ve used these resources in the lesson plans, I have included links to alternatives. However, especially after teaching on-line for a year, I have moved away from relying on textbooks and I create most of the activities myself. This makes these lesson plans very versatile and usable for anyone! For teachers who need or like to teach digitally, all of the activities in this bundle can be assigned via Google Classroom or other learning management system. And almost every activity is also printable for teachers and students who prefer paper copies. Best of all, once you have these activities in your Google Drive, you can edit and adapt anything to suit your needs!
I have been teaching AP Spanish Language and Culture since 2014 and have 23 years of teaching experience. My students have done overwhelmingly well on the AP exam over the years and almost all have earned the scores needed to get college credit, with many receiving 4’s and 5’s.
I start the year with a set of lesson plans designed to last one week. We do all the paper-passing, signing up for different apps and classrooms, and become comfortable with the course and our classmates. We also present our summer homework, also linked below. Next I teach Unit 1: Families in Different Societies. This unit starts as if all of the beginning of the year “housekeeping” has been done already. Unit 2 (La influencia de la lengua y la cultura en la identidad) is next. AP teachers are allowed to teach the units in any order they would like, but I recommend that if you plan to use this series of lesson plans, that you go in order. I choose to introduce the AP test open-ended tasks over time so that students are not overwhelmed. By unit 3, they will have learned the purpose, rules and resources for all of the tasks and can spend the last 3 units practicing them some more.
Consider asking your district to buy this product for you!
**Please be sure to buy additional licenses if more than one teacher plans to use this resource.**
Who can use this product?
- AP Spanish Language and Culture Students
How can I use this product?
- These unit plans will take you through approx. 2 months of school
- Teach basics; grammar and vocab
- Teach how to do the Cultural Comparison
- Teach how to do the Email Reply
- Learn about the ideas of beauty and aesthetics by using curated articles, podcasts, class discussion, videos, free writing, and more!
- Formative, Interim and Summative assessments and projects included!
What’s included in this product?
- Daily lesson plans for 23 school days (modified block: (three 45 min periods and one 90 min period a week) Easily adaptable to any school schedule!
- A table breaking down how many of each kind of activity in the unit
- Table of contents with learning objectives for each day
- 60 + activities
- Essential questions
- Vocab list + free Quizlet link
- Study guide for grammar quiz
- Vocab and Grammar quizzes + answer key
- 2 Different Projects + Rubrics (What is aesthetic in X country, Famous Hispanic Artist study)
- 7 reading activities
- 8 writing activities (including diary-style free-writes)
- 12 speaking activities
- 12 listening activities
- 9 activities that combine 2 of the above skills
- 6 vocab and grammar activities
- 6 AP Style activities (argumentative essay, simulated conversation and multiple choice reading and listening)
- 3 formative quizzes
- 2 interim assessments
- 2 summative assessments
- Answer keys to most activities
- 104 Google Doc pages, 1 Google Form, 2 Google Slides presentations
- Teacher notes to further explain certain activities?
- Time built in for holidays or time needed to catch up
- All parts of this product are Google Docs and Slides, and therefore can be edited so that they are just right for your students!
Need more AP resources to get started ?? Try these!
AP Spanish Lesson Plans for the Whole Year Without a Textbook (includes EVERYTHING you need for the whole year, including the resources below!)
AP Spanish Unit 1: Complete Lesson Plans
AP Spanish Unit 2: Complete Lesson Plans
AP Spanish Open-Ended Responses: How To Bundle
AP Spanish: Unit Review Charts Digital and Printable Versions
Find me on