New to teaching AP Spanish Language and Culture? Consider your Unit 2 Lesson Plans (La influencia de la lengua y la cultura en la identidad) done! These digital AND printable lesson plans have nearly . Students will learn how to complete the AP Exam Argumentative Essay and Simulated Conversation in this unit as well as practice the reading and listening multiple choice style questions.
Teaching a new course, or even trying to revamp a course you’ve taught for a while can be overwhelming. These complete unit lesson plans will take you through the entire 2nd unit for The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity starting with a “Hook Activity” to spark interest and then the essential questions, vocabulary list and grammar study guide you will need to get started. Every activity (over 60!) you need (with the exception of 4) is linked in. Your prep will be limited to reviewing the lesson plans and sources ahead of your students, but the searching for appropriate authentic materials and creating accompanying activities is already done for you!
I am fortunate to have several textbook resources including Temas, AP Spanish Preparing for the Language and Culture Examination and Avance. In these lesson plans I make use of these textbooks for 4 out of 60+ activities. However, especially after teaching on-line for a year, I have moved away from relying on textbooks and I create most of the activities myself. This makes these lesson plans very versatile and usable for anyone! For teachers who need or like to teach digitally, all of the activities in this bundle can be assigned via Google Classroom or other learning management system. And almost every activity is also printable for teachers and students who prefer paper copies. Best of all, once you have these activities in your Google Drive, you can edit and adapt anything to suit your needs!
I have been teaching AP Spanish Language and Culture since 2014 and have 23 years of teaching experience. My students have done overwhelmingly well on the AP exam over the years and almost all have earned the scores needed to get college credit, with many receiving 4’s and 5’s. I teach this course in combination with an Early College Experience course through the University of CT.
I start the year with a set of lesson plans designed to last one week. It is also linked in my store. We do all the paper-passing, signing up for different apps and classrooms, and become comfortable with the course and our classmates. We also present our summer homework. Next I teach Unit 1: Families in Different Societies. This unit starts as if all of the beginning of the year housekeeping has been done already. That resource is also linked in my store. AP teachers are allowed to teach the units in any order they would like, but I recommend that if you plan to use this series of lesson plans, that you go in order. I choose to introduce the AP test open-ended tasks over time so that students are not overwhelmed. By unit 3, they will have learned the purpose, rules and resources for all of the tasks and can spend the last 3 units practicing them some more.
Consider asking your district to buy this product for you!
- AP Spanish Language and Culture Students
- These unit plans will take you through approx. 2 months of school
- Teach basics; grammar and vocab
- Teach how to do the Argumentative Essay
- Teach how to do the Simulated Conversation
- Learn about the relationship between language, culture and identity by using curated articles, podcasts, class discussion, videos, free writing, and more!
- Formative, Interim and Summative assessments and included!
- Daily lesson plans for 23 school days (modified block: (three 45 min periods and one 90 min period a week) Easily adaptable to any school schedule!
- A table breaking down how many of each kind of activity in the unit
- Table of contents with learning objectives for each day
- 60 + activities
- Essential questions
- Vocab list + free quizlet link
- Study guide for grammar quiz
- Vocab and Grammar quizzes + answer key
- Formal writing assessment (study guide, rough draft and final draft)
- 2 Different Identity Projects + Rubrics
- 8 reading activities
- 7 writing activities (including diary-style free-writes)
- 11 speaking activities
- 7 listening activities
- 7 activities that combine 2 of the above skills
- 5 vocab and grammar activities
- 8 AP Style activities (argumentative essay, simulated conversation and multiple choice reading and listening)
- 3 formative quizzes
- 2 interim assessments
- 2 summative assessments
- Answer keys to most activities
- 100 Google Doc pages, 1 Google Form
- Teacher notes to further explain certain activities
- Suggestions for other activities or ways of doing things
- Links to other resources that could help you
- Time built in for holidays or time needed to catch up
- All parts of this product are Google docs and slides, and therefore can be edited so that they are just right for your students!
There are no reviews yet.