New to teaching AP Spanish Language and Culture?? Consider your Unit 1 Lesson Plans (Familias en diferentes sociedades) done!? These digital AND printable lesson plans have nearly .? Students will learn how to complete the AP Exam Cultural Comparison in this unit as well as practice the reading and listening multiple choice style questions.? This is the first unit in the AP Classroom curriculum and a great way to get the year started with your new students!?
Feedback from Other Buyers
***Thank you so much for creating these! They are so helpful to have in class..****
Teaching a new course, or even trying to revamp a course you?ve taught for a while can be overwhelming.? These lesson plans will take you through the entire first unit for Families in Different Societies, starting with a ?Hook Activity? to spark interest and then the essential questions, vocabulary list and grammar study guide you will need to get started. Every activity you need (with the exception of 3) is linked in.? Your prep will be limited to reviewing the lesson plans and sources ahead of your students, but the searching for appropriate authentic materials and creating accompanying activities is already done for you!?
I am fortunate to have several textbook resources including Temas and Avance.? In these lesson plans I make use of these textbooks for 3 out of 50 activities.? However, especially after teaching on-line for a year, I have moved away from relying on textbooks and I create most of the activities myself. This makes these lesson plans very versatile and usable for anyone!? For teachers who need or like to teach digitally, all of the activities in this bundle can be assigned via Google Classroom or other learning management system. However, almost every activity is also printable for teachers and students who prefer paper copies.? Best of all, once you have these activities in your Google Drive, you can edit and adapt anything to suite your needs!
I have been teaching AP Spanish Language and Culture since 2014 and have 21 years of teaching experience.? My students have done overwhelmingly well on the AP exam over the years and almost all have earned the scores needed to get college credit, with many receiving 4?s and 5?s.?
I start the year with a set of lesson plans designed to last one week.? It is linked below.? We do all the paper-passing, signing up for different apps and classrooms, and become comfortable with the course and our classmates.? We also present our summer homework, also linked below.? This unit starts as if all of the beginning of the year ?housekeeping? has been done already.?
Consider asking your district to buy this product for you!???
FYI: This resource is included in the AP Spanish Lesson Plans for the Whole Year Without a Textbook resource for sale in my TpT shop!
- AP Spanish Language and Culture Students
- These unit plans will take you through approx. 2 months of school
- Teach basics: grammar and vocab
- Teach how to do the Cultural Comparison
- Learn about families in different societies using curated articles, podcasts, class discussion, videos, free writing, and more!
- Formative, Interim and Summative assessments included!
- Daily lesson plans for 18 school days (modified block: (three 45 min periods and one 90 min period a week) Easily adaptable to any school schedule!
- Table breaking down how many of each kind of activity in the unit
- Table of contents with learning objectives for each day
- 50 + activities
- Essential questions
- Vocab list + free quizlet link
- Study guide for grammar quiz
- Vocab and Grammar quizzes + answer key
- Formal writing assessment (study guide, rough draft and final draft)
- Traditions Project + Rubric
- 5 reading activities
- 9 writing activities (including diary-style free-writes)
- 7 speaking activities
- 7 listening activities
- 4 activities that combine 2 of the above skills
- 6 vocab and grammar activities
- 8 AP Style activities (cultural comparison and multiple choice reading and listening)
- 3 formative quizzes
- 2 interim assessments
- 2 summative assessments
- Answer keys to most activities
- 50 Google Doc pages, 8 Google Slides, 1 Google Form
- Teacher notes to further explain certain activities?
- Time built in for holidays or time needed to catch up
- All parts of this product are Google docs and slides, and therefore can be edited so that they are just right for your students!
Find me on
Sign up for my FREE Resource Library HERE!
There are no reviews yet.